New here...

Poppycawk

Hello all, just to cut to the chase, I came here from reddit. Despite some of those redditors accusations I did not see enough proof of anything for it to deter me from giving this place a chance. I hope the accusations there are nothing more than unfounded paranoid slander because to be honest I miss all the forum communities. I just cant warm up to the layout, so I deleted my account in search of somewhere else to chat about HEMA.

A little about myself...well I am from the Pacific North West of the United States. I am mostly interested in Liechtenauers tradition. I only have maybe 7 months of training in this system but also have a year or so of escrima, 8 months in Scottish broadsword, a few years boxing and a few years in MMA under my belt for experience. Being a newbie I probably really won't be much help but I will try to contribute.

Last edited:

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
We appreciate that you are giving us a chance and welcome to the forums.

All of the accusations are utterly unfounded. We have not seen a single person correctly guess who we are but many people seem to be confident in making these claims based on very arbitrary things. It's sad for us to see it, too.

Although we are being anonymous given the current climate within HEMA that makes producing a site like this challenging without becoming harassed, the advice we are giving is correct to the best of our experience and knowledge. Not everyone may agree with the advice but it will be sincere recommendations.

We hope that as others join the forums that the kind of environment you are looking for will form.

Also, seven months of experience is more than you are giving yourself credit for. Be more confident :)

Poppycawk

We appreciate that you are giving us a chance and welcome to the forums.

All of the accusations are utterly unfounded. We have not seen a single person correctly guess who we are but many people seem to be confident in making these claims based on very arbitrary things. It's sad for us to see it, too.

Although we are being anonymous given the current climate within HEMA that makes producing a site like this challenging without becoming harassed, the advice we are giving is correct to the best of our experience and knowledge. Not everyone may agree with the advice but it will be sincere recommendations.

We hope that as others join the forums that the kind of environment you are looking for will form.

Also, seven months of experience is more than you are giving yourself credit for. Be more confident :)
Thank you for the warm welcoming